Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Pizza Peel #2

I just finished this second pizza peel for Chartreuse Spring Market Days (15-17 April).





I started with this dirty rough pizza peel.  The peel was covered with baking soot. I wiped it down with bleach water to get most of it off the peel.  I weighted the board down so as it dried it would not warp.



I used the Typography Coffee Sign from The Graphics Fairy.  I used the enlargement method to get the sign big enough for my project.  The Graphics Fairy has a section on the different ways you can transfer her free graphics.  Her graphics and information are invaluable!

After enlarging the image, I taped it onto the pizza peel:


I then used a pen and pressed hard onto the paper to outline the lettering. (It's a big graphic, I had to bandage my thumb from the blister forming <hint>)



I peeled back the paper and used chalk to help see the outline from the pen markings:



After I finished tracing the sign I used chalk all over to highlight the graphics:


I used a pencil to trace over the pen engraving; then filled in the letters with a black sharpie.  I wiped down the peel with a sponge to get rid of the chalk.  After it dried, I used a rough grit sand paper to "age" the graphic.  I finished with rubbing lemon oil all over the pizza peel.

Et voila...finis!

No comments:

Post a Comment