Thursday, July 11, 2013

French Demilune

This project took me 3 days, and my hands show it!

The table was inexpensive and I could never find a place for it; it was just too dark and blah.  I used 2 coats of Old White ASCP.  I used a french label from The Graphics Fairy.  I enlarged the image and  printed the image on Lesley Riley's Transfer Artist Paper.  I think I used the iron too long and transfer was yellowed.  Soooo...I got a little crazy with sandpaper.  Once I sanded the image, I was committed to sanding the table.  I  applied silver leaf on the dark brass medallions on the front of the table. I used Annie Sloan clear wax, then her dark wax. Some more sanding. And repeat wax sequence.

Et voila! windows need a serious cleaning! <lots of lab nose prints!>

...and yes, my dining room walls are painted a watermelon red.  My house looks like a crayon box; soft green living room, french blue kitchen, provence yellow in the family room, etc.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment