Heat, humidity, post-surgery recovery and no drinky-poos makes Liz a grumpy girl...
So, in an effort to get out of my funk, I've been working on a few projects:
Combing through my photo files, I found some that had potential and played with Photoshop/Lightroom plug-ins.
I went to Home Depot and picked up a 1"x12"x48" pine board. I asked the board to be cut into 4 12"x12" pieces. I don't trust myself with a saw (yet), and the first 2 cuts are free; the last cut was$1. Works for me!
Here's my rooster. The original photo was just blah; but with some tweaking I roughed up the image. I sanded the board to soften the edges/corners; stained the board with fruit wood stain then a coat of provence stain. I used Mod Podge to adhere the photo directly onto the board; then 2 coats of Mod Podge on top of the image. Then to seal the board and buff up the sheen of the image, I used a small amount of Annie Sloan clear wax.
I have 3 pumpkin images that I am working on; should have them ready by the end of the day.